Tuesday 30 March 2010

I Want to Be...

Your Sledgehammer! Why don't you call my name?

Lyrics from the most fabulous Peter Gabriel. But do you think that he sang that iconic song during the concert in London on Sunday night? NO, HE DID NOT! Are Paulster and I angry about that? YES WE ARE!

We're getting over it, but how in the world can a musician who was defined by an album get away with doing 2 songs from that album during a concert? The songs we wanted to hear...In Your Eyes, Red Rain, Sledgehammer, Big Time...you get the idea...pretty much anything from the Album So that was released in 1986.
It's like Michael Jackson doing a concert without singing Thriller, or Madonna without Like a Virgin--what the heck?!

Before I go on too much of a rant, I must say that on the whole, it was a good show. He had the "New Blood" Orchestra with him and some great female backing singers. I guess it's a sign I'm getting OLD, when I enjoy having rocking 80's tunes set to orchestral arrangements. Whatever. It was pretty magical at some points.
Here's a sample from Salisbury Hill:


Admit it, it sounds pretty darn great, doesn't it?!

Here's a pic of Mr. Gabriel on stage:
P1010615

And another of a cool backdrop.
P1010619

So, iTunes, here I come--there are some songs I still want to hear!

No comments: