Friday 28 November 2008

Our first CAT-Astrophe

Well, I certainly hoped it would be a long while into cat-ownership before I had my first "emergency" vet experience. Not to be.
On Thursday, in addition to having a client meeting this morning and preparing for the 1st Annual Immigrant Dinner in London (that's Thanksgiving Day dinner to my friends based in America)...I got to take Sulley (the older fluffy one) to the vet.

I was horrified the night before at 11pm when I called Sulley into the house and he came...slowly, limping. I picked him up and saw some blood on his chest. He had multiple puncture wounds--presumably from getting bitten by another cat and his poor leg was very sore.
He lurked around that night and was in obvious pain--and grouchy. He didn't want anyone touching him. The next morning, Paulster researched vets on the web while I was in my client meeting. He made Sulley an appointment for later than afternoon. Dr. Katie was very nice and checked out the damage done by apparent fighting, as Sulley comes to grips with his pecking order in the neighborhood.

He got two shots--one for pain and one was an antibiotic. Later that night at the Immigrant Dinner (more on that later), he was back to himself, mingling with the crowd.
We go back to see Dr. Katie on Monday for a checkup--but it's clear that he's out of the woods.
Can't wait for the next one...[note sarcasm].

Here's a picture of Sulley from a few days earlier, as he was getting used to his new back garden [yard].
Sulley's first day outside

No comments: