Thursday 16 October 2008

My Lovely, Lovely Kitchen

...has a giant hole in the ceiling!!!
Why?
Because water was dripping out of one of the lights. How safe is that?!
Not very.

The pipe coming out of the radiator in the bathroom (located directly above the kitchen) had a leak. So, even when the radiators were not on (heating the house) it was slowly leaking out--and when the radiators were on--it was flooding out and collecting in the ceiling until it built up enough to start pouring out of the light.

Here's what it looks like now:
hole in my kitchen

Unfortunately for me, it was 1am and I was fast asleep when Paulster decided it was necessary to wake me and let me know of our little problem. I would have happily waited until the morning to discover that he'd taken down the light and found the leak. Instead, I got to participate! Yippee!

The next day, the builders came out and cut the giant hole so that we could put a bucket under it until the plumbers could come sort it out.

So today, the plumbers were here for about 30 minutes and fixed us right up.
After the plaster dries up a bit, the builders will be back to patch up the ceiling.
And then we'll repaint.
UGH!

Oh well. I could have been so much worse.

1 comment:

Hachie Gal said...

and what is the status?