Sunday 13 December 2009

More to be Thankful for...

those laugh out loud moments. Even if they are at someone else's expense...
So, a well-known side effect of Thanksgiving is the post-lunch nap.
And O...in addition to taking in some traditional Thanksgiving fare, is recovering from double knee replacement--requiring some serious meds.
Ergo, nap time for her and entertainment/photo opps for us...
Pre-Thanksgiving lunch nap:
P1000975

Post-Thanksgiving lunch nap:
P1000972

And the Day After Thanksgiving nap:
P1010008(1)

And another event that day that for me, was not so laugh-out-loud--but exhiliharting for another member of the family. When my team, the Texas Aggies lost the BIG game against the Texas Longhorns. It didn't help that my brother-in-law, BKB, is a Longhorn. I had big hopes for my Aggies and they answered the charge from the Longhorns very well...until they got 2 touchdowns behind.

Sadly, it was before the 2 TD downfall that I had started talking smack with BKB--resulting in "consequences" for whichever person whose team lost. Turns out, I was the one having to don one of his burnt orange shirts emblazoned with the Longhorn logo, with my hand making the "Hook 'Em Horns" symbol. Complete humiliation for an Aggie...

Here's BKB holding the shirt that I eventually wore for my "punishment".
P1000978

I'm awaiting the picture of me in the shirt making the obscene gesture. I'll post it as soon as I have it...

The primary highlight of the day was spending time with my family--and a killer smoked turkey cooked by BKB--monitored by my oldest nephew.
Here are some snaps of each.
P1000964

P1000971

P1000968

P1000962

P1000965
The hostess with the mostess! Many thanks LB2 for a great Thanksgiving celebration!

No comments: